Jump to section
Why become an individual member?
Individual membership provides you with the full range of member benefits for just £50.00 a year.
- Contribute to thought-provoking debate: Attend free webinars and meetings throughout the year. Members receive many opportunities to interact with policy makers, academics and industry experts and play an essential role in questioning and challenging our speakers’ thinking.
- Stay informed: Access latest online resources – videos, presentations, papers, on-demand webinars.
- Connect with a unique network: Expand your network at events, through the members directory and online discussions.
- Share your knowledge: Share your work with other members by contributing to the ‘guest blog’ section of the website. This could be latest research findings, recent reports, industry comment, or case study insights. You can also volunteer as a presenting speaker at our events.
- International Perspective: Connect to wider international energy debates through association with the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) which has over 3000 members.
Who is it for?
Individual membership is open to anyone with a professional interest in energy. BIEE is a community of energy experts who value opportunities to share, debate and develop their thinking on key energy and climate issues.
Members are drawn from academia, business, government, finance, NGOs and consultancies, and include energy analysts, economists, researchers, strategy and policy thinkers from all backgrounds.
Our members’ support ensures that we can continue to drive debate and disseminate new ideas to a diverse audience.
High level, provocative insight about how the future could play out
‘Good value compared with some’
‘Fees are pretty reasonable’
‘ Well worth it ‘
BIEE provides an excellent forum for academics to engage with audiences from the worlds of business and policy, helping us to ensure our work is relevant and can be influential
BIEE meetings are thought-provoking, often challenging the prevailing wisdom, and the questions expert …. It can change the way you look at a market
Speakers are some of the most influential and authoritative figures in the energy world – to hear top people first hand is attractive
Information is never in short supply, but if I come away from a BIEE event with just one or two big ideas on how the future energy economy might be radically different, my membership fee has been justified.
- Attend free events throughout the year: members get priority access and free registration for webinars and meetings.
- Benefit from reduced rates at BIEE and partner conferences.
- Connect with other members: access the BIEE members directory and publish your profile.
- Stay informed: access latest online resources - videos, papers, conference presentations, webinars on-demand.
- Engage with speakers and event topics: post your questions and comments online and at events.
- Share your knowledge: submit reports, blogs, research for publication on the 'guest blog' section of the BIEE site.
- Get involved: share ideas for meeting and conference topics, volunteer as a speaker, join a committee
- Enjoy reduced price membership of the International Association of Energy Economics (IAEE).
- Guest places at events : for most meetings members can register a guest to attend.
You can take out BIEE membership on its own or combine this with membership of the International Association of Energy Economics (IAEE).
The BIEE/IAEE membership year runs from January to December and is not prorated. Access to the full year’s publications and member directories are available to you at whatever point in the year you join.
BIEE membership runs for a full year from the date you join.
For more information please see Member FAQ’s.