Jump to section
Why become a corporate member?
Corporate membership provides a deeper level of engagement with the institute, allowing your colleagues to enjoy unlimited access to our events, year round brand association for your organisation on our website, and high level contact with the energy community’s various constituencies.
BIEE provides a platform for high quality, informed debate of key energy issues in the UK. For over 30 years it has been convening industry leaders, policy makers and academics to deliver the insights and analysis needed to formulate successful strategies and sound policies. Our corporate members play a key role in supporting our programme of meetings, conferences and publications throughout the year.
Why become a corporate member?
- Share your expertise: Showcase your work, at events and online.
- Professional development: Keep staff informed through regular events and online resources that deliver some of the latest research insights and analysis in energy economics and policy.
- Build relationships with the academic community, to help access the much-needed innovation and knowledge capital this sector demands.
- Connect with a diverse community: Network with energy professionals from industry, government and academia.
- Raise your profile by participating in events, listing your company profile on our website.
- Align your organisation with the broader aims of promoting a responsible, evidence-based approach to the challenges of energy policy and tackling climate change.
- International Perspective: Connect to wider international energy debates through association with the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) which has over 3000 members.
Major corporate members are also welcome to make themselves available for election to serve on the BIEE Council, the Institute’s governing body. Being on the Council provides the opportunity to shape the strategic direction and activities of the Institute.
The ability to meet different people from different sectors and to understand how they work; from policy makers I want to understand what their key concerns and priorities are and what is the conceptual framework guiding their deliberations; from academics where is the leading edge in developing and applying new analytical techniques or in drawing robust conclusions from the mass of energy market data.
BIEE meetings are thought-provoking, often challenging the prevailing wisdom, and the questions expert …. It can change the way you look at a market.
Shell is a long term supporter of the BIEE as it provides a unique platform to discuss real content in energy economics and policy between government, industry, academia, and the interested public – with special attention given to encouraging students and young professionals to join in the debate.
BIEE plays a particularly useful role in helping the conversation between academics and industry to take place.
- Attend free events throughout the year: all staff get priority access and free registration for webinars and meetings.
- Flexible open meeting registration: allowing staff to easily register for webinars or meetings of interest.
- Free and/or discounted places at BIEE conferences.
- IAEE membership included.
- Engage with speakers and event topics: post your questions and comments online and at events.
- Contribute to the events programme: co-host events, propose speakers, suggest topics.
- Stay informed: company wide access to latest online resources - videos, papers, conference presentations, webinars on-demand.
- Raise your profile: public acknowledgement as a corporate member on the website; logo and link displayed in a prominent position; dedicated company profile page.
- Share your news and insights: publish your reports, articles and case studies on the 'guest blog' section of the BIEE website newsletters.
- Connect with a wide range of stakeholders: network via events, the members directory and online discussions.
- Help with recruitment: post vacancies and work experience opportunities on our website (and shared in newsletters on social media).
- Shape the strategic direction and activities of the Institute by serving on the BIEE Council (major corporate).
- Guest places at most events.
You can apply for corporate membership by completing this application form. Once submitted, a member of our team will be in touch to progress your application.
To find out more and request an invitation to a taster event please fill in this form