What were the lessons from winter 2022/3 and what do they mean for winter 2023/4?
The energy sector has been in crisis over the past year and it is not yet clear how the effects will play out in the coming months.
The Conference Committee would like to address this in a special session in the Research Conference in September and we invite abstracts from those researching the topic.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- What does the data tell us about the response to the energy crisis?
- Was any demand response driven more by better energy efficiency or demand destruction?
- What are the implications for the coming winter of changes in terms of gas flows?
- Did markets across Europe and GB respond successfully to the crisis? What can be learned from those which were more successful?
- Governments introduced various measures to protect industry and consumers. How successful were these or any measures introduced by industry itself.
- Has the crisis changed the geopolitics of energy for the long term?
- Are there any lessons from the energy crisis for the development of net zero policies?
Abstract submission deadline: 8th June 2023Find out more