1. General Statement.
By becoming a member of the BIEE or by registering as a contact or acting as a sponsor or by accessing and using the website you accept the terms and conditions of this policy.
2. Website contents.
Information is held about members, contacts and sponsors as follows:-
- Information which members supply in connection with completing the application form for membership of the BIEE. The information we may collect includes name, address, telephone numbers, fax number, email, address, and job title or student details.
- Information relating to contacts who have attended BIEE events including name and contact details.
- Information relating to the name and contact details of the BIEE contact at our sponsors.
- Information required for members, contacts and sponsors to advise details of forthcoming BIEE and other events.
- Payment records of membership fees paid but excluding any information about your credit/debit card.
- Payment records of conference and seminar fees paid will not be stored online.
3. Access to the Website.
- Access is primarily by the BIEE administrative secretary.
- Access will also be available to officers of the BIEE and to the website computer maintenance personnel.
- Individual members, contacts and sponsors will have protected access to the website to view/edit their own details. No access to other members, contacts or sponsors details will be accessible.
4. Accuracy of data held
- Individual members, contacts and sponsors should notify the BIEE if any information held on the website needs to be corrected or updated or amend the information directly online as above.
- In order to enable you to find out what information we hold about you or to correct any such information individual members, contacts and sponsors have the right to request and to be given details of data held about them on the website. Please contact the data processor named in paragraph 9 below
- BIEE will not accept responsibility for inaccurate or out of date data supplied to it by any person.
5. Use of the Website by the BIEE
By using the Website and supplying the information you agree that the information supplied may be used:
- to administer the BIEE website.
- to notify members, contacts and sponsors of forthcoming BIEE. and related meetings, seminars and conferences.
- to register new members and to accept and record subscriptions.
- to renew memberships and to accept and record subscriptions.
- for the purposes of submitting an application for membership of the International Association of Energy Economics (IAEE), if you request membership of both the BIEE and IAEE.
- to make payments to the IAEE for those registered as BIEE/IAEE dual members.
- If you use the application form to join only the BIEE then your details will not be transferred to, or stored at any destination outside the EEA.
- However, if you apply for joint membership of both the BIEE and the IAEE your data will be passed to the IAEE and this will involve the transfer to, and storage of your personal data to the USA.
- BIEE will only disclose the name and minimal data required in respect of reservation of places for conferences or meetings or for making application for membership or for making payments to the IAEE.
- BIEE will not otherwise disclose any information held about members or contacts or sponsors to third parties unless required to do so by law or in connection with any legal proceedings.
7. Security of Data.
- BIEE has put in place technical and organisational security measures to ensure that data held on the database is secure from loss, misuse or external access.
- Whilst BIEE has used its best efforts we cannot guarantee the absolute security of its database or any internet-based transactions and will not be held responsible for claims, demands, costs and expenses incurred by any person arising from any breach of the security of the website .
8. Other information
- We may collect information about your computer, including where possible your IP address and browser type for systems administration and to collect aggregate information relating to our visitors. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- Data Controller.
- The Data Controller of the website is the BIEE. If you have any questions about how the BIEE collects, stores and uses your information please contact the administrative secretary at Admin@BIEE.org.
- BIEE’s data protection registration number is Z1883510.